Leisurely paddling and observation at a variety of sites difficult to visit by any other means. Kayak, paddle, life vest, etc supplied. If you haven’t used a kayak before, a short training session before the trip will get you going. Call John at (941)966-7308 for reservations. Members who own a kayak and life vests are welcome to go on trips marked with an asterisk(*) for a $5 donation to ALS. Cost is $20 members, $25 non-members unless otherwise noted. Trips into State parks require an additional entrance fee.
* Jan 5 Caspersen Beach Park/Lemon Bay 11am - 2pm
Jan 8 Myakka State Park 9am - 12 noon
* Jan 11 Curry Creek / North Jetties Park 10am - 2pm $25 mem-30nonmem
* Jan 14 Sister Keys / Longboat Key 11 am - 2 pm
* Jan 20 Bird Key/South LIdo Park 1pm-4pm
* Jan 22 Little Sarasota Bay/Palmer Pt. Park 10am-1pm
**Jan 23 MYAKKA DAZE - all day trip down the Myakka River $50 or $35 with own boat.
Call John for more info.
*Jan 27 Apollo Beach/Kitchen Preserve 10am-2pm $30mem-$35non mem + $5 PRIVATE
BOAT LAUNCH per boat